7.21.2011

WHUTDERRFAKQIZVAT (8)


Yuki Nakano feminine yet 'catty eyed' sharp face features are fantastically preeeetttayyyyy. This is a poster from her first solo exhibition and I'm amazed by the detailing used by the etch of color pencils of the rainbow hair and the little intricate motifs as decoration. Love love love.

Oh, this is her : ふわふわふわ  











See? I told you.
Japanese piipo, no matter how old they are or how young, never cease to inspire me thru
their demeanor. They're THE BEST. THE BEST NATION THE WORLD
CAN HAVE.

via Yukikkoimg tumblr









The illusion that the eyes are closed but at another blink of an eye, it's open.
Federico Cabrera captures the silent moving shadows between the models dressed in death gods clothes.












BLANQ from Taiwan. A studio for creative consulting, something in what I could do in my career years. Fashion, branding, advertising, photography, those kind of things.
via Behance.
Clothes created by Jeffrey Wang, project from Levi's to recycle and sculpt clothes out, entitled 'PERSONA', from well, pairs of jeans.


More below from them as I was looking into their works and the hair! Oh speaking of which I need to revamp my hair once again. It's a new season!






Then, curious about this scrapbook?










That's just only one spread of the preview, the rest you'll have to go see on MOGU TAKAHASHI's website. He has this ability to make these catchy artworks using well, for me it's already unused things like newspapers and such, plus the feelings to make the composition look right.












AND HOLY CANOLY, 
THIS IS THE EVENT I SHOULD BE GOING TO EVERY TIME THEY HAVE ONCE I RELOCATE TO TOKYO:








THIS IS LIKE, SO SO SO SO ME. NOSEBLEED WORTHY.
They even have this kind of things, I cannot imagine! I'll really truly be happy to die here in this zine heaven created by the uber kitschy Japanese.
I MUST GO HERE NO MATTER WHAT!


Here's what Simone described the heavenly place of mine to die:


"Koenji is a nice, quiet place in the suburbs, but venturing along its Kitanaka Street one weekend last March, you could not have missed the commotion coming out of Shirouto no Ran No. 12. Crammed inside this small rental space, dozens of people were poring over, discussing and exchanging piles upon piles of booklets bursting with eye-catching imagery and color. The get-together was the biggest yet for Japanese "zinedom": the 4th Tokyo Zinester Gathering, a two-day event devoted to making, trading and selling zines."
-extracted from Japan Times

I want to meet Kei-san, he's MY HERO.


"But I don't care about money. What I want to support is people's autonomy and creativity, not the market, and I feel the alternative scene is finally growing in Japan too." 

whut derr fakq the mainstream world, let's get the underground up here to see some light! (Y)
I'm on with you in the same sage path!


Anyhow fellow blogwalkers, I'd love to ask for your support for a new portfolio platform I just joined in, seen below:





Banzaaaai~ ^^
Well there's a bit problem in the name and such because they don't necessarily do know that I'm trying to TM my name to have spaces like this :  e l z b t h r a i s a
Lots of interesting stuff happening there so do check some stuff out!

LAMINATE X TKYO



there's many many more going on my Tumblr roll,
G H O S T  X  H E A R T S
(a new logo for it coming~)


Holler up on the Bird deck @asiaRaisa,
and my other journalistic works on the left.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment, I looooove your blog. If you ever fancy writing anything for Chincha!? about Korean fashion (since you seem pretty on it about Asian fashion) I would love that. I really like your writing style and I want to get some more fashiony type posts onto the site. Will of course give you full credit and link link link to your work. We're going to put a blog roll on the site too so we'll put you on it if you write something. Email me about it if you fancy: loren.cotter@gmail.com.

And yes, I'll be around Korea for winter! We should definitely hang out xxx